Although Hitachi is well know as the top selling vibrator of all time, perhaps it’s time to add a new competitor to your repertoire…or at least add a luxury upgrade to your favourite classic! Here’s few very good reasons to replace your Hitachi with a Lelo…
1. Materials- The Hitachi Magic wand is made of…well…do you even know? With so much buzz about phthalates, I’m surprised that the Hitachi Magic Wand has largely escaped this absolutely valid criticism. Hitachi’s power tool has been the same for years and years, and was created far before phthalates were considered a concern in sex toys (related to point #2…). Even assuming it does not contain phthalates or that it is not a concern because the Magic Wand is an external toy, still, what the hell is that head made of? Some kind of…coated foam? Come on, we can do better than that. The Lelo Smart Wand, like all of Lelo’s products, is covered in pure, safe silicone, so you know it is phthalate free and body safe. You can also sterilize it with bleach and know this heavy-duty cleaning won’t damage your product. Silicone is a clean, safe material for sex toys, and that’s what you’re getting with Lelo. And isn’t it nice to share? With the Smart Wand, you can do so safely!
2. Honesty- So we all know the Hitachi Magic Wand is a vibrator. Massager? Hee hee! Aren’t those oh-so-80s pictures on the box hilarious? But Hitachi is not a sex toy company, and the magic wand was never explicitly marketed or designed for use on the genitals. Would you trust Sony or Mitsubishi to make one isolated sex toy? Lelo, on the other hand, is ONLY concerned with adult products. The Smart Wand, therefore, is made with full acknowledgment and concern about using it around your junk.
3. Convenience- While the wall plug is what lends the Hitachi Magic Wand its extreme power, it also places the toy on a short leash. And while leashes can be sexy, your masturbation session coming to a screeching, infuriating halt because you accidentally yanked your vibrator out of the wall socket is not sexy. It it shitty. You know what is totally not shitty? Masturbating, unfettered by cords and wires, even in the shower. Smart Wand has got you covered.
4. Functions!!! This probably won’t be terribly convincing for a lot of die-hard Magic Wand fans. A lot of people can’t climax without very strong, constant stimulation, and the vibrations offered by the Hitachi Magic Wand are unbeatable to that end. So if functions, for you, are just distracting, go ahead and skip down to point #5. But pulsation! And waves! And low vibrations! The Magic Wand is for someone who knows they want simple and serious. The Smart Wand has broader appeal and is a toy that will “grow” with the user’s preferences. Low vibrations for the beginner, all the way up to the big guns for serious vibrator aficionados. And ironically, the Lelo Smart Wand strikes me as a lot more useful as an honest to god massager for sore muscles than the Hitachi Magic Wand.
5. Voting with your wallet- When you buy from Lelo, you support respect for the adult industry, a guarantee of quality, green production standards, and everything else you’d expect from a respected high-end toy company. As I said before, it is worth considering that when you buy a toy from Hitachi or another non-adult-specific company, you aren’t getting the same dedication to the craft of the sex toy, nor are you going to get the same production and safety standards. Lelo toys come with quality guarantees and an impressive family line of much-loved vibrators of all stripes.
And by the way, I’m not trying to slander the classic Magic Wand. I just don’t think enough attention has been paid to some serious perks that come with the Smart Wand, and I felt very much the same way about the Tiani (and the inevitable comparisons to the WeVibe). I’m mostly hearing “uh but it’s not as powerful?” without an accompanying chorus of positive voices. You guys…the Smart Wand is good fun. Go get one.